The Resource African traditional religions in contemporary society, edited by Jacob K. Olupona
- African traditional religions in contemporary society, edited by Jacob K. Olupona
- Statement of responsibility
- edited by Jacob K. Olupona
- "A new ERA book."
- Papers presented at the conference "The place of African traditional religion in contemporary Africa," held in Nairobi, Kenya, on Sept. 10-14 1987, sponsored by the Council for World Religions
- Bibliography note
- Includes bibliographical references and index
- 24 cm.
- 204 p.
- Isbn Type
- Contents:-Introduction / Jacob K. Olupona -- "Insiders" and "outsiders" in the study of African religions : notes on some problems of theory and method / David Westerlund -- Major issues in the study of African traditional religion / Jacob K. Olupona -- The place of traditional religion in contemporary South Africa / Gerhardus C. Oosthuizen -- The place of African traditional religion in contemporary Africa : the Yoruba example / Wande Abimbla -- Flowers in the garden : the role of women in African religion / John S. Mbiti -- The role of women in African traditional religion among the Yoruba / Joseph A. Omoyajowo-- The talking drum : a traditional instrument of liturgy and of mediation with the sacred / Georges Niangoran-Bouah -- Religious politics and the myth of Sango / Akinwumi Isola -- African traditonal socio-religious ethics and national development : the Nigerian case / Friday M. Mbon -- The encounter between African traditional religion and other religions in Nigeria / Joseph O. Awolalu -- Traditional African religion and Christianity / Vincent Mulago -- Revitalization in African traditional religion / Rosalind I.J. Hackett -- Tradition and continuity in African religions : the case of new religious movements / Bennetta W. Jules-Rosette -- Perseverance and transmutation in African traditional religions / Evan M. Zuesse.
- System control number
ContextContext of African traditional religions in contemporary society, edited by Jacob K. Olupona
Select options that apply then copy and paste the RDF/HTML data fragment to include in your application
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Note: Adjust the width and height settings defined in the RDF/HTML code fragment to best match your requirements
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Instance African traditional religions in contemporary society, edited by Jacob K. Olupona
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.lours.selco.info/resource/ol-8sNjcNP0/" typeof="WorkExample http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Instance"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.lours.selco.info/resource/ol-8sNjcNP0/">African traditional religions in contemporary society, edited by Jacob K. Olupona</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.lours.selco.info/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.lours.selco.info/">Lourdes High School</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Lourdes High School. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...